A Tisket A Tasket A Little Blue Typography Basket

Over on Arts In The Cards Revisioned we're working with the theme of typography. There have been some really unique and wonderful results so far - go have a look! I have a thing for baskets and I love making them! I use them for storing small nick knacks - one is a special one for the jewelry that I wear every day - things like that. So I decided to make a typography basket.  It's a mini. The height of the basket body is 2" high and the circumference is 2". The addition of the handle brings the total height to a mere 3.5"
The inside bottom 'joy'
I started by sewing; coiling very thin cording that's used to make Roman Shades into a basket shape. Next a white wash coat of acrylic paint followed by a light coat of Adirondack dabber paint in 'Pool'. Words that have meaning to me were added over the form of the basket. I also added stiffened words mixed with beads to the sides of the basket. One of my favorite words, 'joy', was added to the inside bottom of the basket and then covered with a solid bit of Inkssentials Glossy Accents that I let sit in an acrylic dome shape that came to me as clear packing material. I had been curious to see if I could make the technique work in that form and the dome effect enhances the word as a glass dome might. The bottom of the basket is also covered with words
The outside bottom
The handle with more words

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit! I’d enjoy hearing what your thoughts are!

Popular Posts